Monday, April 30, 2018

Keep Running

Hello Loves,


I can't believe it's been over three years since I've posted on my blog. I've been lost in the sauce of life, or shall I say lost in the world of adulting. In May 2016, I obtained my M.S. in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of California, Berkeley. For some reason I thought once grad school was over I would get my life back; I was wrong. Now I work in consulting, and work-life balance is non-existent. I literally throw on clothes to go to work; sometimes looking a mess. I used to enjoy expressing myself through my clothes, and now I take fashion risks less often. However, it's half way through my 25th year and something has got to change. I cannot assimilate into the standards of boring attire because adulting can be energy depriving. Hopefully, I will stick to this challenge. I will write, experiment with fashion, and take more risks. I hope to really use this blog as a platform for me to take things to another level. I want to talk about the struggle and the beauty that comes from the struggle. Let's see where this journey takes me. Enjoy my new post!



4.7.2018


It was a brisk Saturday morning. The Ashby Bart Flea Market was calling my name; more like culture was screaming my name. It had been officially two weeks since I crossed into Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Incorporated (Ooo-oop for my sorors), and two days since I was in the hospital from suffering a nocturnal seizure. (Side note: I'll do a post on my experiences with seizures soon.) My swollen knees had been limping around for weeks, and I just needed some inspiration. My post seizure self got up, looked in the mirror, and said, "Girl you better work what you have!" Also, my older sister was in town and if we didn't get out of my apartment my deadly Living Spaces couch would have eaten us alive. I threw on my hand made Queen Bee wig, added a little cake to the face, and rewore a date night outfit. I was determined to not let how I was feeling physically, affect how I looked. Y'all, I really thought I was going somewhere. Mind you it was raining earlier that day, and when it rains in Cali everything shuts down. We get to the flea market and it was empty. The men were still out giving me life with their drums, but my Ginger Juice lady was not there, Auntie Nunu and her rum cake was not there. It was sad, but your girl had a photoshoot because the sun peaked out. I embraced the Vitamin D that was given to me for that period of time. Check out my outfit below!





Sweatshirt: Forever 21 / Track Pant: Marshalls / Adidas: Nordstram Rack 


Thanks for reading! Please comment and follow, I will do the same!
Love, 
Bria O.C. 



No comments:

Post a Comment